URB-E Makes the Subway a BreezeNew York City has a higher percentage of residents commuting by public transit than any other city in the nation. We can’t change how fast the subway runs (unfortunately) but we can help you travel the last mile to and from transit hubs faster and more efficiently. Say you live one mile from the nearest subway. Walking that distance can add 20 minutes to your commute, which adds up to 40 extra minutes spent commuting every day. Using URB-E to travel that last mile, however, only takes 4 minutes. When you get to the subway, fold URB-E up in one quick motion, and hop on board. On URB-E, you can reclaim half an hour every day that you would normally spend commuting. That’s 2.5 hours every week, and 10 hours each month. Think of what you could do with all that time!
URB-E Beats BikingA bike is an efficient way to get around New York when the weather is nice, but it’s not always the best solution to your NYC commute.
- Biking can be a sweaty–and unprofessional–way to show up to work, especially in hot summer weather.
- If the weather takes a turn for the worse, you’re can either leave your bike at work or brave the elements to ride home. There's no versatility!
- Citibike, New York’s bike share program, is a convenient and relatively affordable choice, but bikes and parking are not always available during rush hour.
- Riding your own bike in New York means finding bike parking and risking theft on a daily basis.
- Riding URB-E doesn’t require a shower afterwards. We designed URB-E without pedals to make it compatible with all kinds of professional attire.
- If the weather takes a turns sour, you can wheel URB-E on the subway or toss it into an Uber or cab. URB-E’s small profile means you won’t take up extra space, even when the subway is crowded.
- URB-E is ready to ride when you are, whether it's to and from the subway or around the corner for a workday coffee.
- URB-E goes where you go, so parking and locking isn't an issue. Store URB-E under your desk or in the corner of your office where it’s safe and sound until you ride home.