URBAN626 Implements NetSuite For Sustainable Growth Electric Vehicle Manufacturer Future-Proofs its Business with the Flexibility, Scalability of NetSuite Cloud ERPMay 18, 2016, 13:10 ET from NetSuite Inc. SAN JOSE, Calif., May 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- NETSUITE SUITEWORLD 2016 -- NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry's leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced that URBAN626, manufacturer of the URB-E compact electric vehicle, has implemented NetSuite to help bring new clean energy transportation solutions to urban commuters worldwide. Since deploying NetSuite, the company has already tripled its daily sales volume without increasing overhead. Instead of being constrained by legacy software with inflexible workflows and limited visibility, URBAN626 can reach a global buying audience with American-manufactured vehicles and a vision of a greener tomorrow. Based in Pasadena, Calif. and founded in 2015, URBAN626 uses NetSuite to manage mission-critical business processes including financials, manufacturing, work order management and assembly. URBAN626 was founded to solve last-mile transportation problems for growing urban populations worldwide. Shortly after starting full production in 2015, however, the company recognized that its previous on-premise ERP system was not up to the challenge of building and sustaining a global manufacturing business. Even with a tightly connected business model that centralizes manufacturing in its Pasadena headquarters, the old system lacked the order and inventory visibility necessary for sustained success. The lack of integration between the on-premise ERP system and the company's ecommerce system slowed fulfillment. With interest in compact, reliable, and portable electric vehicles on the rise, the company knew it had to be prepared to execute during sudden surges in demand. Knowing the importance of impeccable fulfillment and unfettered growth, the company decided not to wait for a crisis and acted quickly to implement NetSuite in October 2015. The new solution took just 30 days to implement, an extremely rapid timeframe for any software, let alone an ERP solution. NetSuite tracks the sales and work orders for every URB-E vehicle assembled and shipped worldwide, as well as the vendor relationships, which supply over 200 parts and subsystems. For a growth-stage company, saving minutes on every step of the order, build, and fulfillment cycle can translate into greater returns. URBAN626 has already tripled daily sales since implementing NetSuite without missing a beat, and is positioned for more worldwide growth. "We knew that dedicating the resources to a NetSuite implementation early on would pay off for the company," said Frank Rosales, URBAN626 Director of Operations. "NetSuite's power and flexibility frees us to focus on inventing and manufacturing products that are innovative, intuitive, and beautifully constructed." NetSuite plays an indispensable role in URBAN626's global business model by providing:
- Superior inventory management that enables URBAN626 to better plan for how much inventory it needs, track the movement of goods, and meet customer demand much more quickly.
- A breadth of functionality that is designed for modern businesses, helping the company to streamline mission-critical business processes and improve operational efficiency.
- Rapid deployment that enabled URBAN626 to get up and running very quickly, in a matter of weeks vs. years.
- A highly scalable system, with the ability to quickly and easily add functionality as a business evolves.
- Built-in business intelligence that provides real-time insights into key business performance indicators for a unified view of the organization, and delivers a single version of truth.
- A flexible and agile platform, the NetSuite SuiteCloud Platform, that can easily enable the company to customize NetSuite to meets its business requirements and to integrate with other third party systems, including POS at its Pasadena retail location and a 3PL partner.